In this Guide, I’m going to talk about How to Make Passive income with Niche Blogging, and that means that the main idea is to build your blog so it can get fed by one of the main free traffic sources in the world: Google Search. With your blog ranking on google you can have enough visitors to monetize your site and have a passive income but how is that possible?
1. Niche Picking Methods for your Blog
First, you have to be sure that you are going to build something profitable.
Perhaps you are thinking that a niche blog should be about what you like or perhaps you have heard that it has to be about your passion, however, we must not ignore the fact that if you are here reading this it is because you are also interested in your blog to be a source of passive income for you, and if that is the case, make sure your niche has what it takes to put your efforts there.
Also if you don’t have a specific passion, don’t worry, it’s relatively easy to start a blog in a niche that you don’t know much about and still get it off the ground through a few simple research steps that could lead to better results.
Go to Google trends or Exploding Topics and look at what topics are the trending ones.
In Google Trends put the name of your main Keyword, search for it, and check these points:
Stability of the search volume: You would like to build something that is stable through time, avoid niches that are decreasing or that are seasonal, for example, “Christmas decoration” or “skying” because it is probable that those are only relevant for a few months but what about the rest of the year?
For example in Exploding Topics, you can see this board with the main niches worldwide, and then you can click in each one of them and see what topics are the hottest:
Go to magazines.com and search for the main topics or products of your niche. Is there a magazine about them? if the answer is yes then you have a profitable niche. Why? because to build a magazine is very expensive, the impressions, the writers, the editor, offices, delivery, publicity and customer service, etc. So if there is a magazine there about your niche, you got it.
- Go to Clickbank and open a free account
- Go to Market Place
- Just Click search bottom
- Look for Gravity between 20-100
- Average revenue more than 30 USD
- Look for what you like, and also check the affiliate tools
- Pick up your Affiliate Links
Here you have a video to make an efficient search on ClickBank fast:
2. Create your Blog
This a very wide topic, and if you what a course step by step on how to do it with video tutorials over the shoulder of the teacher I recommend the WP AFFILIATE program (My Review Here), it is where I learn my first steps and it is really detailed and of high quality (93% Discount on WP Affiliate Here). but I want to leave you a brief checklist of what to consider when you build your blog website.
- Choose a Good Hosting Service: Host Gator, Blue Host, and Site Ground are good services, in special Site Ground is more affordable and is good service.
- Use WordPress: It is easy to use, don’t need technical skills, no need to know a programming language, plugins to easily install useful features and more: https://stelaahau.com/why-use-wordpress/
- Choose a Pro Theme: On the internet, the image is very important, so your site has to look professional and personalized. It doesn´t have to be too elaborate, just simple but elegant and pro and be sure that is mobile friendly. For that, try to look for Divi and Elementor Pro themes (some hosting services give you access to that too, ask them) or you can choose from the niche themes inside WP Affiliate, and one theme is included in the course.
3. Do Keyword Research
Use AHREFS to do your Keyword Research. Avoid putting your effort blindly, YOU REALLY NEED to know that you have the opportunity to rank on google. If you cannot afford the service, don’t search for AHREF FREE on google it will not work, but you can use a group service like supreme SEO, I use it and I don’t make any money for recommending it, but I’m telling you about it because I know that when you are starting you need to save money and supreme SEO is private, gives you the opportunity to look for profitable keywords and it is just like 8 dollars per month.
Checklist for your Keyword Research:
- KD less than 20
- Search Volume more than 100
- In SERP of selected Keywords:
- AR more than 1M
- DA less than 30
- This is important to know if you have a real opportunity to rank.
Here you have a more detailed Tutorial to make Keyword Research, it has no waste! 🙂
4. Create Good Content
- Count the words from the articles of your competitors
- Install YOAST Plugin your WordPress site, and use it to follow all the details to be SEO ok with your selected keywords.
- Write better and longer content.
- Check my Guide to Make a Blog Post SEO Friendly so you are sure you have everything optimized for SEO.
- Insert your affiliate links, email subscriptions, etc.
If you’re new with all these of SEO, check how easy is with Yoast Plugin:
5. Index your Site On Google
In order to index your whole website and by default your new post on google you will need two things:
1. Go to Settings –> Reading —> Search Engine Visibility and Uncheck the option “Discourage Search Engines from indexing this site”. This is because if you have this option active, then Google could not read your website and as a consequence, it cannot be indexed.
2. You will need an XML site map of your website. I already know two ways to do it:
A) With Yoast plugin
B) With Google XML Sitemaps which is the one I use. If you choose this option and have Yoast, first disable map generation from Yoast so they can’t interfere with each other.
With these plugins, you will obtain something like yoursite.com/websitemap.xml and that is what you need to tell Google about the content on your website.
With this in hand go to Google and Type “Google Webmasters” which should give you the link to go to the Search Console Login website of Google. You just will need a Gmail account to sign up. When you have accessed do the following:
- Choose the URL prefix option and enter the URL of your site.
- Do the ownership verification through one of the options. For example, paste an HMTL tag code on your website so Google can track it.
- Inside the Search-Console add your site map: Go to index, Sitemaps, and add the URL of your XML site map.
- If you are using Google XML maps plugin just go to settings —> XML site map to find your URL.
- Use the option “inspect any URL” from the top of your Search Console to encourage Google to index a specific URL of your website.
- When you do that you will see a message that says “URL is not in Google” and below an option that says “Request indexing”. Click on that and it is going to take a few minutes to submit your request and now is going to take maybe a few hours to be indexed.
6. Keep Writing Awsome Content
Blogging can be profitable but is not a get rich fast scheme, you need to continue sowing with love, dedication, science, and patience so please consider this as your activities on the calendar:
- Write 2-3 articles per week with all Keyword and SEO optimization
- If you can insert videos in your content to incentivize people to stay longer on your website.
- Keep doing that for a few months, three to six months is a good time frame to make your blog to take off.
The three main ways to monetize your site are:
- Affiliate Links: If you make the ClickBank Search you probably have ones, or maybe you have your own affiliate links from a specific niche, but don’t miss the opportunity to share what you like and love through this scheme, you should already have affiliate links inserted in all over your content.
- External ADS: When you start to get 15-30 visitors per day from search engines consider to add:
Why wait? because if you only have one visitor per day is not enough to have significant revenue from these sites and some of them like amazon give you a time limit to make your fist sales so you have to be prepared or you’re going to waste the opportunity.
- Email List. Consider giving a freebie to your visitors so they can join your email list. An Email List is a great Asset and is invaluable because you can still be emailing those people for years.
I hope this has been very helpful for you, Thanks for reading, see you in the next post, and remember if you like it comment, share and smile! 😀
PS. Hey!, If you want to create an internet income of your own, product creation may be something you need to look at, check this free training webinar with one of the 1% top sellers in the world, it can be what you need: https://stelaahau.com/ThonhillWebinar