In the beginning, you think well I’m going to write about what I want from my inspiration, and of course, that is very important because your content has to be original and personalized… but then you realize that especially if you are interested in internet marketing, you also want your content to be ranked in Google or other search engines, and then you begin to study how you can improve your writing and make it more friendly and attractive for the internet, so here I want to share The 5 Things I had to Learn to Make a Blog Post SEO Friendly.
1. What is a Keyword and Where to Find Them
A Keyword is a name that is used for words and phrases that people use on Search Engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, or even Youtube to find information about a product, service o topic in specific, so if you want to make your post SEO friendly you have to pay attention to that.
The Keyword Research is very important because it gives us information about:
- The interest of people on some topic:
- Total Search Volume
- Other popular Keyword ideas that people are searching, that are related to your topic.
- The competition in a niche (how many websites are competing to attract that search volume).
Also, the Keywords that you choose to focus on can impact your traffic growth, search engine rankings, your promotions, the content topics to choose, etc. For example, Google in its “How Search Works” says that:
The most basic signal that information is relevant is when a webpage contains the same keywords as your search query. If those keywords appear on the page, or if they appear in the headings or body of the text, the information is more likely to be relevant.
Then to find relevant and convenient Keywords is very important for the success of your website. Keyword Research before writing your post can give you direction about where to go and where not to go. And I think that the second one is the most important so you can avoid putting your effort into something that has no possibilities to become visible for people in the Search Engines.
Where and How to Find Keyword Ideas
- Begin with a Broad Topic. This is not your final keyword but it is your starting point to find it.
- Example: Snowboarding.
- Go to Places where you can find more specific phrases related to your topic:
- Google: When you type a word or phrase it automatically suggests more keyword ideas, also you can scroll down and look the “Searches Related to” section of the first page of your search, it can contain more good ideas.
- Wikipedia: If your topic is in Wikipedia you can look in the table of contents for more subtopics that can be keyword ideas. Remember look for subtopics from subtopics, those can be very useful keyword ideas.
- Youtube: 80% of the worldwide traffic now is on video platforms like Youtube, so you can get good ideas about what people are looking for from the suggestions in the Youtube search bar.
- Bing: Also look at the suggestions on the search bar to find some new ideas.
- Forums: The popular topics in a forum can give you clues about what people are talking about.
- Question Pages: Websites like Yahoo Answers and Quora can give you extra ideas to make your post more attractive and useful for people.
Keyword Tools to Analyse your Ideas
Once you have a list of your first keywords you can start to analyze them with an appropriate Keyword tool so you can know if they have enough relevance and if they are not to difficult to rank, this is because our website is new and has no authority for the search engines, and we have to start with a less competitive keyword. With that said, let’s see some useful tools we can use to obtain the proper info to choose our finale keyword:
Google Keyword Planner
Since Google is the most reliable source of information about keywords on the internet this is the first place to take a look.
- ou will need a Google Ads account, but don’t worry you don’t have to pay anything, to open an account is free and the use of the Keyword Planner is too.
- Within your account go to Tools –> Keyword Planner.
- You’ll see two main services: “Discover New Keywords” and “Get search volume and forecasts”.
- You can use the “Discover New Keywords” to get more keyword ideas, and the “Get search volume and forecasts”. to start looking for the Search Volume and Competition.
- I usually try to see what keywords have good search volume and low competition.
[Here you have a trustworthy guide to use Google Keyword Planner. ]
One thing that you have to know about Google Keyword Planner is that the information about the competition is related to Pay Per Click Campaigns and not for Search Engine Optimization (SEO), so it can give you ideas but to obtain more accurate information for SEO we need other tools.
Also, you want to know if your keywords have a stable trend:
- If they are “trending topics” but that trend is short-lived maybe you would like to avoid them.
- Also if their trading is decreasing it can be a problem, for example, “spinners”, the spinners had their moment as trending toys but nowadays their popularity is totally down, so it can be a good idea to write about them in a post just to attract the attention at the moment but not to build a whole new website around something like this that can disappear in a few months.
- Also is very important to think about if our keywords are seasonal trends, for example, Halloween costumes are relevant at the end of each year, but the rest of it, there is not relevant search volume for that topic.
- So it can be a good idea to look for stable trending keywords that look smooth over the last 5 years.
- Here you have two main tools to look for trendings:
Keyword Difficulty Tools
And Finally, even if you have a good idea of the possibilities of your keywords, maybe you need something more reliable, and more accurate for your SEO performance. In that sense, maybe you need to know if your keyword is too competitive to rank for.
For the new ones like us, the experts recommend first focus on Long Tail Keywords because usually, they are less competitive. Long Tail Keywords are phrases of at least 4 or more words and are very specific for example “emergency plumber service in New York”, and usually they have a low search volume like 20-100 per month but if you add more and more for your website they could represent a good traffic source to start on.
The only main issue for beginners is that the most efficient Keyword Tools that really give you relevant info about SEO competition and rank difficulty are paid. But here you have a tip that you can use to know if it is really difficult to rank and you would like to avoid that kind of keywords:
- Look at the First Page on Google and you will know that the competition is really high if:
- There are a lot of ads. You will be invisible in the middle of all those ads, and It will be impossible to beat all those websites that are investing in paid traffic to rank on the first pages.
- Wikipedia is there (maybe is a broad topic and you will need to be more specific).
- A lot of official websites from high authority personalities.
If you want to go further with your keyword research, here there are some with good reputation paid tools that you can look:
2. Writing Structure to Make a Blog Post SEO Friendly
Length of your Blog Post
First of all, you need an idea of how many words of quality content you need for your blog post to be attractive to Search Engines. A few years ago 300 words would be a good starting point, but now Google is ranking better long informative and detailed posts of at least 2000 words.
Main and Secondary Articles
You can use a structure of Main and Secondary Articles to have more variety and to make people stay more on your site:
- Write Main Articles in your blog that are 2000+ words. This will be the stars on your website.
- Build some Secondary Articles with 700-1500 words around your Main Article (maybe you can write more about the subtopics from your Main Article).
Text Body Structure for Main Articles:
- Must include your Main Keyword and be attractive.
- –> Look here for some ideas to make your title more engaging.
- Include an Intro:
- This could be a single paragraph or maybe 2 from around 100-300 words.
- Include your Main Keyword there.
- Include at least 5 subtopics
- These can have around 300-500 words.
- Include your main and related keywords there, it has to be natural, don’t force the writing to include them.
- Write in short paragraphs. People prefer short informative paragraphs of 5-10 sentences each.
- You can include a conclusion of about 100-300 words.
- Extra Tip: You can use the google chrome extension of Grammarly to help you as a grammar checker.
3. How to Include a Table of Contents & the use of Headings
When I started to study about blogging, I started to hear “see you H1 and H2”, “utilize H1 and H2 effectively” … nevertheless it looks like everybody presumes that all individuals understand what they are. I had to look for the term and comprehend the significance of it, and it is truly simple certainly but similarly truly helpful to make your post more readable, and SEO friendly.
You merely select the sentence and pick the kind of text you want it to be from the menu in the editor.
The secret revealed … H1 and H2 are the Headings of your post, and they suggest the level of significance of a Title or Subtitle and the order of them, in reality, there are H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, and up till H6 in WordPress. The Main Title is constantly H1 and it is suggested that each post has just one H1 heading.
To consist of instantly a Table of Contents in my Blog Posts I use the Plugin LuckyWP Table of Contents that uses me the alternative to place it in my post from the Editor Menu:.
Google ranks a bit far better websites with initial pictures, so effort to consist of some photos taken with your phone or camera, or potentially put together with an image editing program.
Not anything has to be hard, you can make a mix in between initial and absolutely complimentary usage images to complete your post.
Bear in mind that H1 is currently set when you put the main title of your post and you do not have anything unique to convert the Title in Heading, it is currently.
Yes, there are places like pixabay.com and pexels.com that are a good source of free stock photos that you can use with no problem with the copywriting:
Besides the Title, and according to the making up structure that we reviewed formerly, you can have subtopics that can be H2 and subtopics of these subtopics that can be the H3 headings and so on. Typically H4-H6 are not made use of, however if you think they are needed to organize your text then there are offered.
How to Switch a Sentence into a Heading.
Likewise keep in mind not to include more H1 in your content, use from H2 onwards.
When you put your post on WordPress do not forget to label them accordingly, I also advise that before writing in information you had in fact currently identified your headings so.
How the Headings can Become a Table of Contents and How to Include it.
Your Headings represent the order and hierarchy of your product, so they are also the raw product for a Table of Contents. A Table of Contents is an Index that can assist individuals and search engines to know better what stays in your short article, likewise it can assist somebody discover particular details within a long post.
4. Embed Images correctly to make your blog post more SEO Friendly
Images offer life to your brief post, they can add color, significance, and can be engaging to generate the attention of the reader. Images are also essential for SEO, the information around your images can notify the Search Engines what is your post about, and also they can appear on the image browsing pages resulting in more traffic to your website.
Where to Find Images for your post and how to select them?
Some called Gurus will tell you “Hey merely put some images copyright totally free”, which can operate at the beginning today image browsing is winding up being better suited, and there are some necessary things you need to comprehend to discover your image and pick the perfect one.
The images have to be comparable to your topic, so the online search engine can understand your brief article through the images on it.
Infographics and illustrations made by yourself also are truly important to browse engines nowadays.
Gift images also are extremely popular, however, they are in the grey zone about the copyright theme so some people state you can utilize them due to the fact that there is no previous case of copyright with them, and others state is much better to prevent them.
5. Indexing Your Blog or Website on Google.
This is something that is rarely mentioned nevertheless I think that is truly essential for beginners. If you can index your post on Google you can accelerate your appearance in the Search Engines, instead of just have intend to be found and stay waiting without doing anything.
How To Index your post on Google.
In order to index your entire site and by default your brand-new post on google you will need 2 things:.
- Go to Settings– > > Reading– > Search Engine Visibility and Uncheck the option “Discourage Search Engines from indexing this site”. This is because if you have this option active, then Google might not read your website and as a consequence, it can not be indexed.
- You will require an XML site map of your website. if you are using Google XML maps plugin merely go to settings– > XML website map to discover your URLWith this in hand go to Google and Type “Google Webmasters” which ought to use you the link to go to the Search Console Login site of Google.