Step by Step Guide to Adding a Contact Form on Google Sites
Google Sites is the perfect platform to create a website without requiring any coding knowledge. Whether it’s for a personal website, an online portfolio, or a small business site, Google Sites is the go-to service for most users. While creating a website on Google Sites is easy, adding a contact form can seem overwhelming. However, it is essential for any website to have an effective contact form to capture leads and feedback from the users. In this article, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide to adding a contact form on Google Sites.
Creating a New Page Called “Contact”
The first step to adding a contact form to your Google Sites website is to create a new page called “Contact.” To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Open your Google Sites website and click on “Pages” in the top right corner.
- Click on the “+” button to create a new page.
- Name the page “Contact” and click “Done.”
Creating a New Form and Naming It “Contact Us”
After creating a new page called “Contact,” it’s time to create a new form and name it “Contact Us.” To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Open Google Forms and click on the “+” button to create a new form.
- Name the form “Contact Us” and click “Done.”
Editing the Form by Adding a Description and a Message Box
Now that you’ve created a new form called “Contact Us,” it’s time to edit the form by adding a description and message box. Here’s how:
- Click on “Form Description” and add a description of what the form is for.
- Click on “Add Question” and choose “Paragraph Text” to add a message box.
Saving the Form to Your Google Account
After editing the form and adding a message box, it’s time to save the form to your Google account. Here’s how:
- Click on “Send” in the top right corner of the form.
- Choose “Link” and copy the URL.
- Go back to the Google Sites page called “Contact” and click on “Edit.”
- Select “Insert” in the top left corner and choose “Google Forms.”
- Paste the URL of your form and click “Save.”
Centering the Form on Your Google Sites Page
Finally, it’s time to center the form on your Google Sites page. This is optional, but it can make your contact form look more professional. Here’s how:
- Click on the form to select it.
- Click on “Formatting options” in the top right corner.
- Choose “Center” and click “Save.”
The Contact Form Should Be Visible on Your Website
Congratulations! You’ve successfully added a contact form to your Google Sites page. The form should now be visible on your website and ready to capture leads and feedback from your users.
What is a contact form?
A contact form is a simple web page that allows users to submit messages or inquiries to the website owner.
Why is it important to add a contact form to your website?
Adding a contact form to your website can help increase user engagement, provide a way for users to give feedback, capture leads, and ultimately improve the overall user experience.
Can I customize the contact form on Google Sites?
Yes, you can customize the contact form on Google Sites by adding or removing fields, changing the colors and fonts, and even adding your own logo.
Is it necessary to center the contact form on my Google Sites page?
No, it’s not necessary to center the contact form on your Google Sites page. However, it can make your contact form look more professional and visually appealing.
Is it easy to add a contact form to my Google Sites page?
Yes, adding a contact form to your Google Sites page is easy and straightforward. Simply follow the steps outlined in this article, and you’ll have a contact form up and running in no time!